Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day

I've already blogged about my mom before....check out the archives for more on that.

I want to also brag on my wonderful wife, who also will celebrate Mother's Day this coming weekend.  I was at a wedding rehearsal tonight, helping one of our church families with their wedding this weekend.  As I watched the events of the rehearsal unfold, I was reminded of my own wedding day.

It was almost 22 years ago when that day arrived.  I remember well standing in front of the sanctuary at Hayes Barton Baptist Church in Raleigh, waiting for the organ to begin playing, and waiting for Felicia to walk down the aisle.  I confess that when the doors were opened and I saw her, I cried.  She joined me at the front, and we both began a journey in God's strength that continues to this day.

And now, almost 22 years later, we've seen God do some awesome things in our marriage and family.  Felicia is a wonderful wife, and mother to our four children.  She compliments me so well in both my school and church ministries.  She sacrificed her own career when Megan was born to be a stay-at-home mom, and did this for 15 years or so.  Then she gladly re-entered the work force when God called me to NRCA to teach, so we could help make ends meet.  She is constantly filling the gap with whatever is needed at the time.  Any success I have in ministry is a direct result of her support and encouragement of me.

My wife is a daily testimony to me and our family.  And this blog entry is just one way to tell her how much I love her.  To God be the glory for what He has done through her.  But thank you, Lord, for giving her to me.

Pastor Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment