Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Message to My Students

Well, another school year is about to close, my 4th year at NRCA.  God has taught me a lot personally this year.  I pray that my students have learned a lot more about Pre-Algebra and Algebra than they knew before we started this journey.  But I pray even more that they've learned more about Jesus Christ and His love for them.

As we enter the last full week of school, I wanted to leave a message for my students.  I see some awesome potential in each of you.  God has certainly gifted you richly in talents, abilities, spiritual gifts, and so much more.  It's now up to you to decide how you're going to use these gifts for His glory.  I certainly believe the sky is the limit for you, as long as you keep your eyes fixed on Christ.  Galatians 5:16 says, "For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."

I pray also that you've seen even a little bit of Christ in my life each day we've spent together.  I know there have been days when my flesh got in the way of you seeing Him.  I've apologized to you at times when I knew I was wrong.  But I hope you've seen and heard about the one true and living God, the One who saved me and is making me more like His Son everyday.  I pray you've seen that a holy, righteous life doesn't happen overnight - it's a lifetime process.  I'm certainly living proof of that.  But He gives more grace to those who humble themselves in His sight.  That fact helps me get up every morning and face the day.

All of you can feel free to stop by to see Mr. B. anytime.  I'd love to see you and hear how God is working in your life, both in school and out.  Feel free to keep me updated through Facebook as well.  Know that even though I will not have the pleasure of seeing you everyday in class, you'll still be in my prayers often.  If I can ever do anything to help you or minister to you, please don't hesitate to come see me.

Pastor Randy (aka, Mr. B.)

No comments:

Post a Comment