Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ramblings of a Man on Spring Break

Some things I think.............

Don't Blame the Clown
There was a news story this week that said people were protesting against McDonald's.  Seems they think that Ronald McDonald is to blame for childhood obesity.  I guess the idea is that Ronald makes those children obsess with hamburgers and fries.  Well, here's a news flash - those children can't drive themselves to McDonald's, they don't have the money to buy the happy meals, and they are certainly only acting their age.  What about you parents?  Who's fault is it anyway when the kids eat too many burgers and fries?  Just one more way that parents are not owning up to their responsibilities.  Please, don't blame the clown.

Math Rules
I asked my math students today to answer this question: can you live in a world without math?  As there are in every crowd, a few students wanted to argue with me and answer this question "yes".  But with every argument, I think I proved that the world God made is influenced in some way by math.  Some things are obvious, some take a little more thought.  God made math - not entirely sure on what day (a little ministers joke, ha ha!).  We can see it woven throughout all of creation.  You rock, God!

Humbled for God's Glory
God continues to humble me under His mighty, powerful hand.  Webster defines humble this way: not proud, not arrogant, reflecting a spirit of submission.  Yep, that's what He's doing in me!  In pretty much all of my life.  Sometimes the weight seems hard to bear - but that's when I learn more about trusting His strength.  Pour it on, Lord!

Powerful Worship Song
Just bought the new Passion CD, Awakening.  Bought it mainly for new Chris Tomlin song, "Our God".  Here's some of the text - I'd like to sing it in worship at WBC soon.

Water You turned into wine, opened the eyes of the blind
There's no one like You, none like You

Into darkness You shine, out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like You, none like You

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God, You are higher than any other
Our God is healer, awesome in power
Our God, our God

Pastor Randy

1 comment:

  1. We sang that song in chapel last week :)

    See you on Sunday morning.

    -Bekah

    PS--I loooove what you said about parental responsibility in regard to McD's!! Preach!! LOL

    ReplyDelete