Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ramblings of a Man on Spring Break - Part 2

More things I think......

Study Your Letters
Another question I asked my students today: "how many of you NEVER study for an Algebra test or quiz?".  Not surprisingly, the majority of them raised their hands.  Now, some of them are making A's in my class - but some are not.  My next question: "when will you know that you need to study math?".  My students' answer: "when I start failing".  Way wrong answer!  If you wait until you're failing to start studying, you'll already be way behind.  And, more importantly, you really won't know how to study.  Create the right habits now, not later.  Don't make me come over there.....!

A Passage of Scripture that will Change Your Life
Read Mark 9:14-29.  I mean really read it, meditate on it, pray on it, listen to what God says.  Wrestle with verses 23-24: "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes....Lord, I believe; help my unbelief."

American Idol Finale
Remember - you heard it here first.  The finale will be Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze.  I think Lee is finally getting it.  Look for Lee to win in a shocker.

Healthcare Reform....and Other Nonsense
I agree we need reform....but not Obamacare.  But my bigger concern - our country is spending money it doesn't have.  Trust me - when I spend money I don't have, God brings the hammer down on me.  What if he brought the smack down on our country for doing the same?  Just saying......

My Kindergarten Poem
Funny the things you never forget.....this was my poem I recited at my Kindergarten graduation ceremony.  I don't really remember much else from then, but anyway.....

F is for fish that you catch in the lake.  When mommy fries them, what a good meal they make.

Ok, stop laughing.....

Pastor Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment