Saturday, February 5, 2011

Christian Persecution....and Chick-Fil-A

Well, now I've certainly heard it all.  Hang with me as I get on my soapbox for a moment.

You're probably heard the story of a CFA restaurant in Pennsylvania who provided food for an event recently.  The group that was meeting apparently supports strong marriages, and does not approve of gay marriage.  CFA's president stated that the restaurant owners were only providing food for the group's meeting, just like they do for many others.  Their provision of food was not a specific endorsement of the group's ideals or beliefs.  Needless to say, the airwaves and blogs are hot with criticism of CFA over this, including direct attacks on the restaurant's organization itself, which is based on biblical principles.

I have one thing to say to those who would use this as an opportunity to burn up the wires:  get a life.  If you don't agree with what a company believes, runs its company, or who it gives food to, then just don't go there anymore.  It never ceases to amaze me that these people, who speak/preach in the name of tolerance, obviously don't have a clue what the word "tolerance" means.  Apparently their definition of tolerance is that everyone should tolerate what you believe completely, and if you don't, then you're being intolerant.  Go check your dictionary and then come talk to me.

When it comes to Christians, it seems we are the only ones that it's ok to be intolerant towards.  CFA is a privately held company that is certainly free to run it's business as it desires, as long as it's according to the law.  If I don't like something they stand for, then I can go somewhere else.  But this isn't surprising, since God's Word tells us that we will be persecuted, just like Jesus Christ.

I applaud CFA for their business practices, as they have done nothing to my knowledge that causes me to question them.  They are making a stand for Christ in a world that is growing more and more intolerant of Christian beliefs and practices.  And I believe our persecution isn't going to get better - only worse.

So, in addition to standing firm on my own beliefs, I'm going to......eat mor chikin.

Pastor Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment