Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reflection, Evaluation & Moving Forward

Last year about this time, I was reflecting in my blog about the year that was 2009.  I had seen God do so many great things in me and my family.  Tomorrow is my next birthday, and I will be turning 46 this year.  I saw a commercial the other day stating that people as young as 50 can be part of AARP.  Wow, that was a nice bit of encourgement to me!  So, I'm four years away from that milestone.  But God isn't finished with me by far.

As I looked back at that blog post one year ago, I decided it was time for some reflection & evaluation of how 2010 turned out, as well as look at moving forward into 2011.  Here are the goals I listed at that time, first the obvious ones:

- to glorify God in everything I do, say, think, believe, express, etc.

- to love my wife as Christ loves the church, willing to give myself for her
- to make my wife & children my primary ministry as unto the Lord
- to serve faithfully in the ministries God has provided - both school & church

In terms of evaluation, I believe I did make some progress in most of these over last year.  But these will remain important parts of my goals for 2011 as well.  I always need to grow in loving my wife more.  One big area of focus for me this year will be to really invest more in my boys.  They are at a crucial age now, and I need to be participating in their lives fully as well as to be an example of a Godly man.  The girls will need time as well, especially for Kelsey as she begins her senior year in high school.  In addition, I need to lead my family to be more missional in our neighborhood.  There's no doubt that God is leading us as a family to make more of an impact for Christ there.  The school and church ministries are growing and making an impact in others' lives.  I need to continue to be sensitive to God's leading in both places.

But here are a few more goals that still remain close to my heart in 2011:

- to live my life with an increasing passion for Jesus Christ
- to accept God's ongoing process of humbling me with joy
- to not waste my life with things of no eternal value
- to magnify my Lord through both joy & suffering, leaning on His power & will
- to take Spirit-led risks that honor God through simple trust in Him
- to invest Christlikeness in others for making much of Christ in others & the world
- to be willing to give up anything God desires, even my own life
- to be a living sacrifice, holy & pleasing to God every day

I definitely see God working in me every day.  My prayer is that He will continue faithfully the process of making me what He desires.  And that I will live for Him in all things.

Pastor Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment